Are you going to travel with hand luggage on your next trip? If so, we'll tell you what you are allowed to take with Vueling, so you can decide what suits you best.
It can be tricky to decide what hand luggage to take, and it can affect which fare you choose and how you plan your trip. All the information you need is on Vueling's website, but we are going to try and answer some of the most frequently asked questions here.
IMPORTANT: If you booked before 23 November 2021, we advise you to check your booking confirmation to see what hand luggage is included.
What hand luggage is always allowed on board?
On flights operated by Vueling, whichever fare you choose, you can always take on board one underseat bag (35x20x20 cm), free of charge, as well as your airport purchases. It must all fit under the seat in front of you, though.
Can I carry my cabin bag on board?
Cabin bags should weigh no more than 10kg and be no larger than 55x40x20 cm. Whether you can take it on board with you or not will depend on the fare you have chosen, among other things.
- The Optima, TimeFlex and Family fares include 2 items of hand luggage in cabin (underseat bag and cabin bag) + Priority Boarding, which will enable you to be among the first to board the plane.
- If you choose the Basic Fare, you'll be able to purchase this option so you can carry your luggage with you on board.
- If you're a Premium customer, passenger with reduced mobility, travelling with an infant or have booked a Space One or Space Plus seat, you can carry your cabin bag on board with you, and you’ll enjoy Priority Boarding.
What if I go to the boarding gate with my cabin bag?
If you take a cabin bag to the boarding gate and it is not included in your fare, or you haven't added the service that enables you to carry it on board, you'll have to pay an additional fee and Vueling's staff will place it in the hold.
What if my cabin bag exceeds the size restrictions?
It can be tricky to fit everything you need in your cabin bag, especially in winter. However, even if you feel tempted to bring a larger cabin bag, don’t forget that if you’re going to carry it on board, it must comply with the size and weight restrictions (max. 10 kg and 55x40x20 cm). Any oversized baggage will be checked in at the boarding gate and you’ll have to pay a fee. Luckily, you can follow these tips on how to make the most of the space in your cabin bag, so you can fit everything you need.
Why has Vueling changed its luggage policy?
There are two reasons, mainly:
- To offer passengers who are travelling light the lowest fare possible: the Basic Fare. This will ensure that they will not have to pay for any extras they don't use.
- It also makes boarding and disembarking smoother and more comfortable for everyone, and improves your experience on board if you decide to carry your cabin bag with you: you'll be one of the first to board the plane and you'll be able to find space in the overhead lockers.
If you still have questions or want to know more about this service, you can find all the information you need on Vueling’s website. Have a great trip!