Some of the regulations you have to follow when you fly during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak include following safety guidelines, checking in online, using face masks and checking in your hand luggage. Airlines have strict protocols in place and powerful air filtration systems (HEPA) on board their planes, so you don’t need to worry about a thing and you can relax while you fly.
If you are already thinking about your next holiday or getaway, read on! Airlines and airport operators have established new safety protocols to ensure the safety of all travellers. Here are the main measures in place:
1. Check in online and avoid queues
In order to avoid queues, it is better to check in online, as most airlines offer this option. That way you will be able to bring your boarding passes from home. You won’t have to queue up at check-in desks; but even if you have to check in your luggage, it is still the faster option.
If you’re travelling with Vueling, you should download the app (available for Android and iOS). You won’t have to use paper and you can show your boarding passes on your phone when you go through security and when boarding the plane.
2. Go to the airport in good time
It may take longer to get through security and board the plane, due to stricter safety measures, so we advise you to go to the airport in good time – up to 90 minutes before departure.
3. Face masks are compulsory on board
All passengers and crew must wear face masks covering nose and mouth. You will have to wear the mask throughout the entire flight, as well as when boarding and disembarking, to prevent infection. You won’t be able to board the plane without a mask or if you have symptoms that could be linked to COVID-19.
4. Recommended: take out travel insurance just in case
For greater peace of mind while they fly and while they are at their destination, many travellers prefer to take out travel insurance. Vueling offers two types of insurance, which now also include COVID-19 cover:
- Cancellation insurance: You can request a refund for the flight – for you and for all the people in the same booking – if you aren’t allowed to fly due to illness.
- Travel assistance: It will cover you if you get ill on your trip, and all your medical expenses will be covered.
5. Find out whether there are restrictions to enter the country you are travelling to
Due to the current situation, we advise you, before you travel, to check the list of countries with restrictions.
Now you can start planning your next trip! Search for a cheap flight and fly!