Are you a member of an airline loyalty programme? If you are, you'll already know that they offer lots of benefits. Also known as clubs or points programmes, they aim to reward customer loyalty offering discounts, promotions, gifts, etc.
What do they offer?
- When you book flights you collect points or miles that you can exchange for discounts on future flights
- Promotions exclusive to members of the programme
- If you are a frequent flyer, you can go up a level in the programme and enjoy exclusive benefits
- Save time when booking your flights as your personal details, payment details and even the details of passengers you fly with frequently will be completed automatically.
Vueling, for example, recently launched a new loyalty programme: Vueling Club, and with it came a new currency, Avios. The best thing about this new programme is that as well as collecting Avios when you book flights, you can also collect them from partner companies like hotels, car hire companies, etc. You can use your Avios to get discounts on your flights, and even to fly for free.
- Even if you aren't a frequent flyer, it's worth being a member of a loyalty programme because you collect points with each purchase.
- Don't forget to log in when you book a flight or state that you are a member of the programme during the booking process. Don't miss the chance to collect points!
- Sometimes points may expire, but sometimes they don't. Find out if they do so you don't lose them!
- Sign up to the airline's newsletter to find out about all the latest promotions
- Check the agreements with partners so you can collect even more points. Keep up to date with new partners that join the programme!